Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another day...

So, not a lot happened today or yesterday. I went to Shishu in the afternoon, where there was a Mother Teresa celebration that lasted over 2 hours, and kids being kids, most of them lasted about an hour before losing complete attention. We didn't end up leaving Shishu until after 6, at which point Mazie and I went to the Motherhouse for Adoration. Sadly, we got there right when the finished the third decade of the Rosary, which is what I wanted to do with my time there.

Okay, so Zach, Mazie's friend? Boyfriend? Never really got that straight...

ANYWAY, this is important. Zach just walked into the room (I'm at Sari Palace, the internet place I always go to), and he just looked at me and asked me if I was sick. I told him no, I have the sniffles, which I have 70% of the year anyway, and I had some fairly signifigant abdominal pain earlier, but after some Naproxin and an afternoon of sleep, that has remedied itself. He told me that Mazie is in the ICU at the Hospital, which in itself is absolutely horrible, but its scarrier in the fact that this is a foreign, developing country, and I have been drinking enough water to make myself ill (which still isn't enough...maybe a litre and a half a day, two litres if I can manage, a gatorade and a sprite, plus tea at break times when I'm working), avoiding dairy, and taking it easy on what I eat when I feel like I might be getting sick. I don't want to get sick while I'm here at all, but I really don't want to get sick when Tuan and Caitlin are away, and I really really don't want to get really sick when I'm all by myself.
Anyway, Zach told me that Mazie went to the hospital at about 6 this morning, after throwing up since midnight last night. She has thrown up 9 times today alone, and he is supposed to be at the hospital at all times, but he had to leave to come and change their plane tickets and everything. They were supposed to leave early Tuesday morning, tomorrow being their last day of volunteering, but because Mazie is so sick, she can't fly. Its really awful, because the hospital here is not up to par because its a 3rd world country. She is in ICU and Zach said that while he was there the nurses did almost nothing, and she hasn't seen the doctor since 10 this morning. I would want nothing more than to get out of that hospital and get into one in the states. I feel soooo awful! I thought that I had missed her for mass this morning because I was running late, and then I didn't see her at mass and thought that I had missed her and that she was waiting. Then I heard someone mention Sunday School, and thought she might have gone there, and was expecting to see her at Shishu this afternoon, but decided not to go because I was exhausted, and to give her the last two days in the afternoon to fawn over Deepa and Lanhki, without me in the way (we have been fighting over who gets to adopt Deepa).
Oh, goodness, I really hope she is okay. Please, please pray for her! I'm really, really worried, and Zach is not okay right now. he is making phone calls as I type to people so they can get everything sorted out for her going home, but she can't leave the hospital until she's better. Oh, this is horrible...

As for today and yesterday, nothing much happened except Tuan and Caitlin missing their train to Darjeeling. They caught one at 6:20 this morning instead. Today at Shishu was pretty great; I spent the first part of the morning working with Johnny, and the rest with Deepa. She was really grumpy today, I think she might be getting sick, but I did get a few giggles out of her, which I would have never been able to do without the help of Mazie.

O, good Lord, I hope she gets better so her and Zach can go home. She is really, really sick.

So please, pray for Mazie, and pray for me, because I ate dinner with her last night. Tuan and Caitlin wont be back until NEXT Tuesday morning, so I really, really don't want to get sick. I don't want to get sick after they get back, either, mind you, because I leave that Wednesday night.

Okay, all, thats it for now. Please pray for Mazie and I will keep you updated if I can.

With all Christ's Love
Briana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corina said...

What kind of outlet adapter will I need? I want to use one in the airports for my iPod, but I'm not sure which one to get. I think I might get one that has all of the adapters and you switch them out 'cause I don't know if they'll be consistent in each country. Andrew has a European one, but I don't think that'll work.

snowpea57 said...

Corina -

I don't know what kind of outlet it is...I bought an adapter pack from apple for my ipod. I know that the ones in germany are different from the ones here, and if youre going over the pacific, it will might be different at each stop. i would get one that you can switch out...that would be your best bet