Sunday, August 5, 2007

3 days and counting!

So, my days left in Kolkata are numbered...I come back to the states in a few short days!

So, yesterday was quite the interesting experience. I didn't volunteer, for the 3rd day in a row...I needed a break. I ran into Donna and Steve (her boyfriend), my Irish friends. They invited me to go to see the Simpson's Movie later that evening. I met then at Tirapati (right outside Hotel Maria), and we caught a cab and rode it to - get this - a MALL! it was SO COOL! We got to the movie theater in the mall, and the movie WASN'T PLAYING! It was very upsetting. So we went to this very overpriced restaurant next to the movie theater called Starstruck, and [kinda] ate with some of Donna's other Irish friends. Me and Donna shared this really good chicken burger thing and the BEST desert ever...it was like this chocolate cake with ice cream on top, but when you stuck your fork into the cake all of this fudgey GOODNESS came out...oh, it was good. Then we went to the arcade, and Donna and I played the most entertaining game of Air Hockey ever...at one point there were like 4 pucks on the table!
When we left the mall and FINALLY got a cab, we caught it with another guy headed to Park Street who wouldn't let us pay - he was on his way back home from the hospital because he had just had a baby girl :) So that was really awesome. Then we went to Moulin Rouge - THATS RIGHT! Moulin Rouge, which is just a restaurant, no worries, and we met up with some other Irish girls and had drinks. I had something called Blue Heaven. All of our drinks were really strong...
When we left Moulin Rouge, we all got roses (even Steve, who, by the way, ordered a drink called My Fair Lady...Imagine the waiter dropping those off...), and were then persued for a number of blocks by a transvestite in a sari...with a really strong grip, by the way. Steve finally fended the he/she off. This is also the night I started my search for Harry Potter 7 for under 650 Rupees, but thats a different story.
When we got back to Sudder, we went back to Donna and Steve's for drink (I know, I know...its the Irish!). I was there until about 1:30 in the morning. The guy who had to open the gate for me at Hotel Maria was NOT happy.

That is all for today, I have to call the doctor in Des Moines so I can schedule an appointment to get my blood tested and get checked for other really gross things (like scabies and lice...meh).

LOVES!
Briana

No comments: