Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home Bitter-Sweet Home...

So, I am back in the Seattle area, but not yet to the great 'Ham just yet. My flight landed on Thursday night at about 9:30pm, after 36 hours or so of flying, in daylight the whole way. The flights were somewhat of a nightmare - the first one, from Calcutta, was overbooked, and they were offering 700 Euro, a free nights stay in a 5 star hotel, and re-planning your trip back home. That flight was semi-pleasant, it was just at 1am in the morning.
The next flight was the worst. I got on the plane, and I was in the freaking back corner next to the bathroom. Not to mention that during the last hour or two of that flight, I wanted to vomit. I could see the ground getting bigger and bigger, and was like, "JUST LAND ALREADY!" I felt awful.
The last flight was most pleasant, one because it was shortest (the first two were each just over9 hours, the third was 6), and two, because I slept through most of it. I didn't sleep barely at all on the first two flights.
When we landed, it was a great feeling, knowing that when I got off the plane all of my surroundings would be familiar, and that the people picking me would be safely driving me to my car, where I could drive myself to Laura S's house and go to sleep.
I can't honestly say that I don't already miss it. What I miss most is Shishu Bhavan, and Deepa. I had a dream about playing with her, and when I woke up on Laura S's couch, I was more than a little dissapointed that I would not start my day by playing with a child I have become so attatched to over the past 3 weeks.

My jet lag is still pretty bad. I've been going to bed around 10, but waking up at 6ish, which is good for school, but it wont last. That, and I'm still way too tired to make it through the day fully attentive, and without caffine or a nap. Also, I'm sick.
Speaking of sick, I don't have any confirmed diseases; no lice or scabies or anything, but I might have stomach parasites. I know this is gross, but this is my blog: my diarreah is becoming regular poo, very very slowly, but I still get really bad abdominal pain when I have to go. So hopefully it all goes away and I don't have to give a poo sample to the doctor.

I was really looking forward to going home tomorrow because there was going to be a Newman Center Mass, but it has been cancelled...So now all I have to look forward to are my kitties, my nice, clean, warm apartment, my still old/new couch, and my warm, clean bed.

So...HECK YES I'm excited!

Karen and Derek's wedding this afternoon was gorgeous. Karen looked beautiful, and I had a good time.

I hope Laura S doesn't have to work tomorrow, because if she does, I'm just going to drive home while I still feel awake at 7am, and I don't know when I would get to see her next.

Well, loves, that is that! I will post here once more, to repost the original picture links, new picture links, and links to the videos I took, and one more time after that to tell you all when Tuan has his video sorted out. I will tell him how to put it on DVD, then I can also put that online for all of you.

Its been fantastic! I can't wait to go on another great adventure, whether it be to India (which will happen again!), or to some other amazing destination! Either way, if you hear wind of me taking a road trip or getting onto a plane, check here...there will be a new travel blog waiting.

Until Next Time
Briana

3 comments:

Meet Popsicle Stick Nancy said...

Briana ... thank you so much for your comments. I am touched. I am so pleased you saw the post about Shundarie .. she certainly was a character, and I'm sure she would be very pleased she had made it to blogland. As you can see from my blog, I'm headed back to Cal on 21st, and will be blogging from there ... so if there is anyone in particular you want me to check on, or pass on love to, just tell me and I'll do so. I'm in a state of complete excitement and shock!! V x

Meet Popsicle Stick Nancy said...

... I just read your posts again; and I just wanted to tell you that I really understand what you say about your family not "gettin" the volunteering thing. My father came out to visit me when I was in Kolkata in 2003 and he loved it. I first went in 2000, and I'm now 26 ... and still none the wiser, but still in love with Kolkata and the MCs. I am incredibly attached to Srs Joann (motherhouse) and Andrea (shishu) ... I first painted the park there in 2001, and will be repainting it this year .... well, enough for now ... but do keep in touch, and we'll chat soon ... V x

snowpea57 said...

I hope you get this because I cant get a link back to your page...but I would love it if you could check on Deepa for me! She is my baby...I miss her soooooo so much. Also, Johny and Rakhi.

I don't know if you know deepa...if you scroll down, there is a picture of her sleeping at the top of one of my blogs. Johny, Deepa and Rakhi are all blind. I can not express in words or actions how much I miss them...I miss them like they were my family, you know? Like they were my kids.

Comment back if you get this! I don't know if you will check here again. You can also email me at SnowPea86@gmail.com

Thanks for commenting :)